Mission Statement for
The Earth Society Foundation
The Earth Society Foundation was formed for the following purposes:
To provide a coordinating body which will create programs, policies and
aiding individuals and institutions in their efforts to
nurture, conserve, and care
for the natural resources and life of Earth.
In furtherance of these goals and purposes,
the Earth Society Foundation shall:
1) Encourage all people to become active participants
in the preservation of the Earth's
2) Communicate information worldwide on the effort to
revitalize, regenerate and recycle
the Earth's resources.
3) Conduct educational programs and promote research
worldwide in the Earth Care Ethic.
4) Enhance programs addressing the threat
of further destruction of the environment
and demonstrating the alternate approaches available.
5) Coordinate and assist like-minded organizations
to maximize effectiveness of the
Earth Care Ethic.
6) Foster worldwide participation in the annual celebration of
Earth Day on the March
Equinox (March 20-21)
and coordinate the Peace Bell Ceremony at the United Nations.
7) Cooperate and participate as an accredited non-governmental organization
affiliated with the United Nations.
Work with United Nations specialized agencies
and the NGO community in furtherance of our mission.
8) Influence governments, industries, and individuals towards
the development of products and services
which will protect and improve the condition of the Earth.
9) Encourage the flying of the Earth Flag
and participation in the Earth Trustee
10) Solicit grants and contributions, administer and disburse gifts and grants
for tax-exempt educational, scientific and charitable purposes.